||BFL, South Wales
||37 Hours / week (2 Shift rota)
||We are now seeking an experienced Welder/Mechanical Engineer to join our busy Maintenance team. Working to the Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting operations in achieving maximum uptime and efficiency of all plant equipment at our Blaenavon facility.
Key Task and Accountabilities:
- Respond as necessary to operational priorities, seeking clarity from Operations or Maintenance Management where necessary.
- To support production activities at all times by ensuring minimum response times to equipment breakdown.
- To provide timely updates to Mechanical Engineer on ongoing maintenance activities.
- To execute tasks in line with PPM schedule whilst practising the highest standards of EH&S and ensuring that all plant equipment is maintained to these standards.
- Fully utilise the Pirana CMMS
- Undertake effective fault finding and rectification of plant and equipment failures.
- To work alongside sub-contractors as required and take the lead in such circumstance.
- Assist in Installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment.
- Ensure the highest levels of housekeeping are maintained within maintenance facilities and that these standards are upheld with all maintenance activities on factory equipment.
- Be actively involved in any process improvement or quality investigation with regard to non-conforming product including working with other functions.
Experience and Qualifications
- Formally trained through an engineering apprenticeship, preferably to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Skilled in MMA, MIG and TIG welding techniques
- Demonstrable experience working to formal weld procedures
- Broad range of experience in all aspects of maintenance in heavy engineering environments
- Familiarity of operating CMMS packages.
- Used to working in a pressurised environment, with particular regard to tight downtime constraints.
- Computer literate
- Experience of maintaining and fault finding on large, complex hydraulic systems.
- Experience of maintaining heavy pressing or stamping equipment.
- Pipe fitting experience.
- Experience of cutting techniques including oxy-fuel and plasma cutting.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV and covering letter to
|Open Until Filled